Saturday, August 1, 2009

Asian waterpark...

I figured this would be the first picture you would want to see of me- because of my attractiveness level, but anyways...here it is. Me in all my glory.


How much better looking do people look in swim caps? Tons. Actually, I didn't think I would like them, but they're great. Zero fussing about hair.


Just us girls with our cute swim caps. I seriously loved them. Especially when Lindsay would put all of her hair right on top.

No clue what these statues are for. But, they are rad.

Here is an up close shot of the asian version of Barbara Bush.
Okay, I'll be honest. My favorite part of the water park was the spandex and speedos. I probably saw 5 boys total wearing normal swim trunks. Otherwise, it was these bike short spandex looking things or speedos (and not too covering). Most of the little kids were wearing these little swim caps with ears or swimming outfits with wings. haha, it was so cute.

When we finally got to the water park, after the 30 min scooter ride, and the very long and semi- steep hill to get up to the park, we were all drenched in sweat. Fine, not a pretty picture, but an honest one. So...it felt so incredible to actually be wet with water. The slides were great and the waves in the wave pool were huge- nothing like the wimpy water bumps at seven peaks. The lazy river was not just cement and a few lame water spraying things. It was dark by the time we went on and there were tons of plants and little waterfalls. The frogs out were really loud and there were these asian/mayan inspired sculptures and what not. It was so relaxing.

One of my favorite parts was when i was on my friends' back going over one of the tsunami style waves- I fell off onto this guy's lap and then another wave came and set me right back into him. haha. I was laughing so hard- boys here don't really touch girls so I'm sure it was awkward for him- which makes it even better.

Another favorite was how entertained the people were with our screaming. Everytime we got on a slide we would scream and the people would errupt with laughter. I guess taiwanese people just don't scream...I love how me being myself is enough entertainment for them.

No comments: